Seacourt, Berkshire Genealogy
Guide to Seacourt, Berkshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Abingdon|
|Parish registers: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Bishop's Transcripts: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Rural Deanery||Not Applicable|
|Probate Court||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes|
|Location of Archive|
|Oxfordshire Record Office|
SEACOURT, an extra-parochial liberty, in the poorlaw union of Abingdon, hundred of Hormer, county of Berks.  It was three miles northwest of Oxford. Search surrounding parishes for records and information. Genuki.org has additional information about Seacourt and extra-parochial places in Berkshire.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Seacouort is aa extra-parochial. Search surrounding parishes for records and information.
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
No non-Church of England denominations have been identified for Seacourt.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241201.
To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee or free.
- findmypast (fee-based) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk(fee-based) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk(fee-based) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a free based UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Berkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Seacourt an extra-parochial in GENUKI
- Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 36-40.
- Colin Hinson, "Extra-Parochial places for Berkshire," GENUKI: UK & Ireland Genealogy, 2003, http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/BRK/Names/Extraparochial, accessed 7 August 2018.