Scranton Pennsylvania Family History Center
WE ARE IN OUR NEW OFFICE NOW THAT THE RENOVATION PROJECT IS COMPLETE. THE NEW ENTRANCE IS STILL IN THE BACK OF THE BUILDING, BUT COME IN THE RIGHT SIDE DOOR. RING DOORBELL OR KNOCK LOUD. WE ARE THE SECOND DOOR ON THE RIGHT IN THAT HALLWAY. THE HOURS ARE THE SAME AS BEFORE. SEE BELOW.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Scranton Family History Center serving Lackawanna, Luzerne, Susdquehanna, Wayne, Wyoming and other counties in Northeast Pennsylvania
Center Contacts and Hours
Wednesdays 1 to 5 pm & 6 to 8:30 pm
Other times by appointment
- 505 Griffin Pond, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 United States
- Park at back of building. Enter through door on right.
- During inclement winter weather please call ahead to check if center is open
- Closed all holidays
- FamilySearch Catalog
- Wide collection of Italian films
- Verna Ann Hill Jacobs Collection - A wide variety of microfilms containing newspaper clippings, family information, church records for New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and other states. (Films are not cataloged in the FamilySearch Catalog)
- A wide variety of books containing information for families in Pennsylvania and New York.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfilm reader/printer, Microfiche readers available for patron's research.
Staff Research Specialties
Italian (call to make an appointment with our Italian specialist)