Santaquin Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Santaquin Family History Center is a full service center serving the south part of Utah County.
We welcome all to come visit us.
- 1 CENTER HOURS and CONTACT Information
- 2 CALENDAR and EVENTS
- 2.1 Holiday Schedule 2018
- 2.2 WEB INDEXING (on FamilySearch.org) IS HERE !!!! Let us show you how it works!
- 2.3 Indexing Help Available - contact your Temple and Family History Consultant We'll keep you updated on the WORLDWIDE INDEXING EVENTS Can we beat our record from last year? We'll be doing this again! Watch for details.
- 3 **THANK for attending the 2018 FAMILY DAY OF DISCOVERY**
- 4 CLASSES at the Family History Center - THURSDAY Nights - 7:00pm !!!!
- 5 TRAINING CLASSES for Consultants and Priesthood Leadership
- 6 GROUPS WELCOME - Advance Notice Requested
- 7 Center Resources and Collections
- 8 CENTER SERVICES
- 9 Resources in the Local Area
- 10 Links
- 11 VOLUNTEER at the Center
CENTER HOURS and CONTACT Information
- 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah, United States
- Please enter on the WEST SIDE of the building.
- You will need to ring the bell located at the top right corner of the door frame.
- There is plenty of parking available. Handicap parking is toward the southwest end of the building.
- Location on Map
Phone: 801-754-3722 (if we're unable to answer, you may leave a message)
Mon 9:00a -12:00p
Tue*, Wed*, Thur 9:00a - 3:00p / Tue* & Wed* 6:30p - 9:00p
Thur 7:00p ** Patron Classes each month / 2nd Thur is Consultant Training
Fri 9:00a - 12:00p
Sat By Appointment
Sun (2nd & 4th weeks) 4:00p - 6:00p
You may make an appointment for additional times, including a Family Home Evening & Saturdays
contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* popular GROUP nights - call ahead to see if computers are available
** TRAINING CLASSES for Patrons begin the 1st THUR of each Month * see class schedule
Temple and Family History Consultant TRAINING is held on the 2nd THURSDAY of Each Month at 7:00pm
CALENDAR and EVENTS
Holiday Schedule 2018
24 Closed (Pioneer Day)
3 Closed (Labor Day)
12 Closed (CARPET CLEANING)
21-23 Closed (Thanksgiving)
24 - 31 Closed through JANUARY 1, 2019
(Christmas & New Years)
**REOPENING WEDNESDAY - JAN 2nd 2019**
WEB INDEXING (on FamilySearch.org) IS HERE !!!! Let us show you how it works!
Indexing Help Available - contact your Temple and Family History Consultant We'll keep you updated on the WORLDWIDE INDEXING EVENTS Can we beat our record from last year? We'll be doing this again! Watch for details.
- 2017 Number of Indexed Records = 179,316
- 2016 Number of Indexed Records = 163,333
- 2015 Number of Indexed Records = 295,651
**THANK for attending the 2018 FAMILY DAY OF DISCOVERY**
Please give us your feedback on this years event by filling out this questionnaire - click on link 
THANKS FOR ATTENDING OUR ANNUAL FAMILY DAY OF DISCOVERY - the Links below will give you the DIGITAL copy of the Class Materials
2017 FAMILY DAY OF DISCOVERY https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B53w4a_ETMdqOG1PeFFxdjVVSUk - CLICK on the link.
2016 FAMILY DAY OF DISCOVERY Class Materials - CLICK - Click on the link.
CLASSES at the Family History Center - THURSDAY Nights - 7:00pm !!!!
Watch your WARD Bulletin for details, or contact us by email for more information.
CLASS REGISTRATION is encouraged because of limited space.
* Registration also determines if the class is being held that NIGHT *
12 JUL - Consultant & Staff Training ** NEW TIME 6:00pm
19 JUL - Review FamilySearch Family Tree / Tips & Tricks
26 JUL - Q&A and Helps for FamilySearch Family Tree
- Please register for classes at: email@example.com
** A CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION WILL BE SENT TO YOU **
We are interested in meeting the needs of our Patrons. If you have a particular class you would like us to teach, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAINING CLASSES for Consultants and Priesthood Leadership
NEW-TEMPLE AND FAMILY HISTORY CONSULTANT TRAINING-2nd Thursday each month **NEW TIME 6:00 pm
NEXT TRAINING - July 12th
Second Thursday of each month - 6:00 pm
CONSULTANTS ** We need you! - Please contact us to schedule your STAFF TIME at the Family History Center (3 hr shifts)
STAFF TRAINING: 2nd Thursday - 6:00 pm ** new time to accommodate those wanting to attend a 2nd class same night.
Second (2nd) Thursday of each month - 6:00 pm in the Family History Center.
PRIESTHOOD & Ward Counsel LEADERSHIP TRAINING
THERE IS NEW TRAINING FOR ALL WARD LEADERSHIP - PLEASE CONTACT US TO SET UP YOUR TRAINING SESSION / Family History Center
Please join us! We're here to help "lighten your load", by offering training and suggestions of how you can use your Ward Temple and Family History Consultants to get this great work done.
GROUPS WELCOME - Advance Notice Requested
Group Scheduling - We need ADVANCED NOTICE of your coming: (1 week ahead - please)
Please contact us for scheduling Primary, Scouting Youth groups, Sunday School classes, Relief Society or Priesthood activities at: Santaquinfhc@gmail.com
** It is helpful if you will contact us at least a week before you would like to visit the center.
This will allow us to be better prepared for your group.
This also will help you maximize your time with us.**
Center Resources and Collections
- We have a list of local films and fiche, and some film/fiche from other areas of the world. Please contact us or search the FamilySearch Catalog for these resources.
- Local history books and resources for doing your family history.
Databases and Software
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Research Database |Letters and Diaries |Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera
- ArkivDigital Online
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com Previously known as Footnote.com
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
We have 14 - Win 10 / TOUCH SCREEN computers, along with film/fiche readers for your use.
We also have a printer available to you - copies are free (up to 20)
SCANNER's available to digitize your PHOTOS and SLIDES .
YOU CAN ALSO SCAN DIRECTLY TO YOUR FamilySearch / Memories Gallery - AVAILABLE NOW!!!!
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help you with your research.
Some of our Specialties are US, England, Scandinavia, and Germany.
Help with your Photos & Documents
We have Scanners available FREE of charge. We can help you Scan your Photos & Documents, so they are DIGITIZED and ready to upload into FamilySearch - or to your own Flash-drive.
Resources in the Local Area
We are 20 minutes from Brigham Young University and their collections.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a one hour drive from Santaquin.
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you must live in a participating stake to use this Web site. Use your LDS Account information to sign in.
VOLUNTEER at the Center
We welcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.