Santa Rosa California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Due to precautionary measures for the Corona Virus, the Santa Rosa Family History Center will be closed until further notice.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Upcoming Events:
- 4 Special Interest Groups:
- 5 Center Resources
- 6 Center Services
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 1725 Peterson Lane, Santa Rosa, California, 95403-2304 United States
- Entrance and parking are on the south side of the building.
- English on all days open
- Spanish help on Saturday
- German help on Saturday
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Closed 1st Saturday in April and October: Memorial Day Weekend: Week of 4th of July: Labor Day Weekend: December 18th for Christmas holiday to January 2nd.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events:[edit | edit source]
Special Interest Groups:[edit | edit source]
- Santa Rosa Junior College Genealogy classes ~ Will feature online learning for Summer & Fall classes.
- Sonoma County Genealogy Society Groups ~ Located at the Family History Center 1725 Peterson Lane Santa Rosa, CA.
- 1st Tue 10-12 Family History Writer's Group
- 1st Sat 10-12 German Interest Group (even months)
- 1st Sat 10-12 Mexican Interest Group (even months)
- 2nd Tue 9:30-12 SCGS Board Meeting (any member welcome)
- 3rd Tue 1-2:30 DNA Group
- 3rd Saturdays, Training Presentations, 12-3 Santa Rosa Finley Center, 2060 W. College Ave, Cypress Room
FHC Staff Training Meetings: 3rd Thursday of month, 7pm in Primary Room[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- The Santa Rosa Family History Center has a small collection of reference books, local books, books from the United States, other parts of the World and family histories.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- The Center has 8 Computers, 1 printer, 3 Microfilm Readers and 1 microfiche reader.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Sonoma County History & Genealogy Library
725 3rd St.
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Mon: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tue - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)