Santa Rosa, Catamarca, Argentina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Department of Santa Rosa ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- The department was created in 1878 from territories taken from the El Alto department.
- The departmental capital was the town of Las Cañas until it was modified for reasons of economic and social changes, moving in 1912 to Bañado de Ovanta headquarters of the current municipality of Santa Rosa.
- Between 1818 and 1930 a strong influx of foreigners was introduced, arrived to devote themselves to the exploitation of forests, which brought an important ethnic and cultural renewal in the area.
- The department of Santa Rosa has a population of approximately 12,000 people. 
- There are no records for the department of Santa Rosa.
- 2º Censo Nacional, 1895 : Santa Rosa (Departamento), Catamarca - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Los Altos
- Santa Rosa
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Santa Rosa (Catamarca)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Santa_Rosa_(Catamarca). Visited October 23, 2017.