Santa Maria California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 908 E Sierra Madre Ave Santa Maria, CA 93454-6335 United States
- Entrance and parking are on the southwest corner of the larger church building.
- Please ring the bell for entrance to the Family History Center.
- Language: English; Spanish on Wednesdays from 7-9pm and 1st Tuesday from 7-9pm.
- Tuesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
July 2nd-4th, Thanksgiving week, Christmas: 17 Dec 2018 - 2 Jan 2019
- FamilySearch Catalog: The Santa Maria California Family History Center no longer has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. Many microfilm are digitized now.
- Reference Library includes many books and periodicals to help with research throughout the world.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com, FindMyPast.com, MyHeritage.com, Puzzilla, Fold3, and more.
Hardware and Equipment
- Many computer workstations with printer access
- Paper Copier
- 1 Microfilm reader
- 1 Microfiche reader
- 1 Microfiche/film scanner-copier
Staff Research Specialties
We have a friendly, experienced staff. Translation help is available in the following languages: Spanish, German and Latin (by appointment).
Resources in the Local Area
P.O. Box 2147
Santa Maria, CA 93457-2147
Our society meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 2-4pm at 908 Sierra Madre (Santa Maria Family History Center) in Santa Maria. We do not meet in July, August or December. We can be reached by e-mail at Roots@smvgs.org. Our society can be reached for volunteer help through the Santa Maria Public Library: 805-925-0994. If you are just getting started, new to the area or need something special in your research they can be of help.
- Santa Maria Valley Historical Society Museum
616 S. Broadway
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Adding details to a FHC page article.