San Diego California East Stake Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This is a small Stake (multiple wards & branches) Family History Center primarily for member use.
This East Stake FHC has three computers and very limited resources. It also has limited hours and additional hours by appointment only. There are no microfilm or microfiche readers.
The San Diego California FamilySearch Library a few miles away is a much larger facility with more resources and staff. It is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. And it has extended hours from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Wednesday and Thursdays. For more information, please click here.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 6767 51st St San Diego CA 92120-1262 United States
Closed 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
No microfiche or microfilm readers at this location.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center NO longer has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. This must be done online by the patron themselves.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
FHC portal only and limited genealogy programs.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
Three computers, printer and very limited other material.
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Only basic Familysearch.org Family Tree assistance only.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Please ask staff.
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)