|Samoa Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Censuses are a count and a description of the population. They are taken primarily for population studies, taxation, and military purposes. Information in censuses may include residences, ages, birthplaces, family members and relationships, occupations, emigration dates and migration.
The Family History Library has a number of census records in the FamilySearch Catalog for Samoa.
- Go to www.familysearch.org.
- Click the Library tab.
- Click FamilySearch Catalog.
- Click Place Search.
- Type the name of a parish or town, and click Search.
- Click the locality that you want.
- Scroll down the list of topics, and click Census.
- Click View Film Notes to see the film numbers for each census year.
A census may list only selected persons (such as males between the ages of 16 and 45) or list the whole population. Censuses provide information when other records are missing.