Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Biography
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Wiki Topics|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Background|
|Local Research Resources|
A biography is a history of a person’s life. A biography may give you birth, marriage, and death information and the names of parents, spouse, children, or other family members. Use the information from a biography cautiously because there may be inaccuracies.
You may locate individual or family biographies in the Surname Search of the FamilySearch Catalog.
Biographies have been gathered and published in collections of biographies, sometimes called biographical encyclopedias or dictionaries. These usually include only biographies of prominent or well-known subjects. However, some collections of biographies are of specific groups such as ministers, painters, poets, radicals, or writers.
It is important to note that currently there is little in the way of individual or collective biographies on individuals born in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines or for those who have had great influence or participation in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines politically, socially, or otherwise. One would hope this will change in the future.
If your ancestor played an important part in a group or occupation, do a Place Search for Vincentian's in any British, Scottish, Canadian, North American, and Latin American biography archives, since people of note may be recorded in these. Although Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has little to do with Latin America many historical groups have collected Caribbean information which can include biographical details from Vincentian figures. Little work has been done on collections of biographies of African, Indian, or Portuguese descendant who have lived and died in the St. Vincent islands.
For prominent historical figures, leaders, artists, businessmen, or religious the following sources may help:
- Browne, Aberdine. Active Aging: Profiles of Older Caribbean Personalities - Irma Norris, St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Cajanus. 32.4 (1999): 184-5. (Print).
- Ollivierre, Jeanie. Vincentian Women 1985-2000. St. Vincent and the Grenadines: Women's Affairs Dept, 2000. (Print).
- East, Roger, and Richard Thomas. Profiles of People in Power: The World's Government Leaders. London: Europa, 2003. (Print).
- Colonial Administrators and Post-Independence Leaders in St Vincent and the Grenadines. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005. (Print).
- Diamond, Walter H, and Dorothy B. Diamond. One of a Kind: Learning the Secrets of World Leaders. Syracuse, N.Y: Syracuse University Press, 2005. (Print).
- Adrian, Fraser. Cato, (Robert) Milton. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007. (Print).
- Chesterton, David. Pigmented Spectacles: Conservations with Ian Ayrton Earle Kirby. S. l: s. n, 2009. (Print).
- Gonsalves, Ralph E. The Making of The Comrade: The Political Journey of Ralph Gonsalves: an Autobiographical Sketch of a Caribbean Prime Minister. St. Vincent and the Grenadines: SFI Books, 2010. (Print).
- Gonsalves, Ralph E. Diary of a Prime Minister: Ten Dayys Among Benedictine Monks. St. Vincent & the Grenadines: Strategy Forum Inc, 2010. (Print).
- Mitchell, Rt Hon. Sir James (Fitz Allen). Oxford University Press, 2013. (Print).
- Ballantyne, Sir Frederick (Nathaniel). Oxford University Press, 2013. (Print).
- Gun-munro, Sir Sydney Douglas. Oxford University Press, 2014. (Print).
- Antrobus, Sir Charles (James). Oxford University Press, 2014. (Print).
- Jack, Sir David (emmanuel). Oxford University Press, 2014. (Print)..
- East, Roger, and Richard J. Thomas. Profiles of People in Power: The World's Government Leaders. Hoboken: Taylor and Francis, 2014. (Internet resource).
- Toye, Richard. The Rhetorical Culture of the House of Commons After 1918. History. 99.335 (2014): 270-298. (Print).
- Eustace, Sir (Joseph) Lambert. Oxford University Press, 2014. (Print).
- Thomas, Dr Claudius Cornelius. Oxford University Press, 2014. (Print).
You may find some collections under the localities listed above and then the subject "GENEALOGY."