Saint John Plantation is a Maine plantation in the forests among the towns on the north side of the Northwest Aroostook townships along the St. John River. Surveyed in 1849; petition to repeal plantation 1858; warrants for organization 1859; organization confirmed 1870. Formed from Township Number 17 Eighth Range West of the Easterly Line of the State (T17 R8 WELS). 
- ↑ St. John Plantation, Aroostook County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 19 October 2013).
- ↑ "Saint John Plantation" search in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of Maine Archive Interactive (accessed 19 October 2013).
Modern plantation borders of Saint John Plantation in Aroostook County, Maine.
Adjacent towns: Aroostook Co.: Eagle Lake | Fort Kent | Saint Francis | Township 16 R8 | Township 16 R9 | Wallagrass | Canada: New Brunswick: Madawaska Co.: Saint François