Saint John Plantation, Aroostook County, Maine Genealogy
Saint John Plantation is a Maine plantation in the forests among the towns on the north side of the Northwest Aroostook townships along the St. John River. Surveyed in 1849; petition to repeal plantation 1858; warrants for organization 1859; organization confirmed 1870. Formed from Township Number 17 Eighth Range West of the Easterly Line of the State (T17 R8 WELS). 
Additional data on Saint John Plantation, Maine can be found in WikiPedia: the Free Encyclopedia.