Saginaw Michigan Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 2.1 Upcoming Events: MONTHLY GENERAL MEETING OF THE SAGINAW GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY HELD HERE EACH MONTH, ON THE SECOND TUESDAY OF THE MONTH AT 6:30 PM JANUARY THROUGH JUNE (no meetings for the months of July, August or December)
- 2.2 Class Schedule
- 2.3 Staff Training Meetings- Monthly (Second Saturdays 11am-1pm)
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1415 N Center Rd Saginaw MI 48638 United States
- Tuesday: 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-3:00pm
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Whenever Saginaw Township schools are closed for bad weather we are closed as well: We are closed for all National holidays and for the first Saturday of April and October for General Conference: We are also closed the week between Christmas and New Years Day: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours during regular business hours or email us at saginawFHC@gmail.com
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events: MONTHLY GENERAL MEETING OF THE SAGINAW GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY HELD HERE EACH MONTH, ON THE SECOND TUESDAY OF THE MONTH AT 6:30 PM JANUARY THROUGH JUNE (no meetings for the months of July, August or December)
Staff Training Meetings- Monthly (Second Saturdays 11am-1pm)
- We also have a small private book and notes collection donated from a private collector on families from Virginia and Michigan local small cemetery indexes.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 computers and three microfilm readers. We also have one microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Staff members have some research specialties such as England, Poland, Germany and the United States. Please call ahead and find out when these persons will be available.
Resources in the Local Area
Our center is in close contact with the Saginaw Genealogical Society and has personal contact information for the society at the Family History Center. you can also link to their page below in "LINKS"
FAMILY REUNIONS AT THE FHC!
Are you planning on having a Family Reunion this year in Saginaw, Michigan? Bring your group over and we will have trained staff there to assist you in organizing the family information into a FREE online Family Tree that can be printed out and given to each family member, or viewed any time by other family members. Reservations required for large groups. Please contact the temple and family history consultant - center to set up a meeting to better assist you and your group today!
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome anyone who has an interest in helping out at the FHC and would like to donate time. Please send all requests to the Director.