Sacramento California FamilySearch Library
|Please visit our main website http://www.sacfamilysearchlibrary.org to learn about upcoming events|
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Sacramento Family History Center also known as both the Sacramento FamilySearch Library and the Sacramento California Large Multi-stake Family History Center. The Center has over 60 well trained volunteers to help the more than 15,000 patrons who visit the Center annually.
- 1 Center Location
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
- 2745 Eastern Avenue Sacramento California 95815 United States
- The Sacramento Family History Center is located on the northwest side of Eastern Avenue behind the LDS Sacramento California East Stake Center.
- From Hwy 80 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go South on Watt Ave, left onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue.
- From Hwy 50 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go North on Watt Ave, right onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue.
- 2nd Saturday:9:00am-1:00pm
Holiday Schedule: for 2018
Closed: 2017 Dec 18- Jan 2,: 2018 Jan 15th. May 28th., July 4th., Sept 3rd., Nov 12th., Nov 22-23, Dec. 17-Jan 2
For Current Information go to: sacfamilysearchlibrary.org
Class are posted on our local web site: www.SacFamilySearchLibrary.org
- Directors: John and Judy Hansen
- Assistant Directors: Tim and Earline Fewkes
- Associate Director: Pearl Leach -Secretary & Books
- Associate Director: Tim Steinberger- Administrative Services
- Associate Director: Vic Walker - Technical
- Associate Director: Carolyn McMillan - Finance
- Associate Director: Alton Sissell - Training
- Associate Director: Donna Horner - Scanning Books
Calendar and Events
- African American Seminar March 3, 2018
- Annual Family History Seminar November 3, 2018
Staff Training Meetings
- We have 6800 + films in our 'Extended' film collection that covers many parts of the world. If you have a film number, call 916-487-2090 to see if it's already in our inventory.
- We have in our library an extraordinary collection of German books.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which provides free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Additionally, we have other database programs for information storing of your family history work such as Legacy, RootsMagic, Ancestral Quest, Family Tree Maker, and Family Insight to name a few. Other software that is available for patron use includes, Get My Ancestors, AniMap, Family Atlas, Family History Resourse File.''
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 35 computer workstations for patron use, 4 printers, 2 microfilm readers and 3 digital film/fiche scanner.with the ability to save document to "flash drive",
Staff Research Specialties
- We have competent researchers that specialize in German, English, Scottish, Irish, African American, and Scandinavian, in addition to our dedicated staff of United States Researchers.
- We also offer Computer and Database assistnace for "Legacy, Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic and Reunion for MAC" users.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
The Sacramento Family History Center has many opportunities for you to serve as a Volunteer, or as a Missionary. Please call: 916 487-2090 or you can apply online
Adding details to a FHC page article.