Runton, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Runton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1743|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
RUNTON (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (W. by N.) from Cromer. 
Runton Holy Trinity is an Ancient Parish in the Repps deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
the church dates from pre-Norman times. In the early years there was an unhealthy rivalry between Runton parish and Beeston Priory but in the 16th and 17th centuries the benefices appear to have been combined. The fabric of Holy Trinity became very dilapidated. It was not until the 19th century that restoration work was undertaken. The church is in the characteristic familiar flint and brick work of the area.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Runton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Runton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 234
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Runton on GenUKI
- for details about the parish
- image of the church
- British Listed buildings
- Norfolk Churches website
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 711-716. Date accessed: 13 May 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 21 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.