Rochester New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Rochester New York Family History Center welcomes you to search your family tree. Two (2) staff members are available during open hours to assist you, whether you are a beginner or a seasoned researcher. Use of the Family History Center is free of charge.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1400 Westfall Rd Brighton New York 14618 United States
- The entrance to the Family History Center is located at the rear of the building with ample parking.
- Tuesday:9:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-9pm
Closed all major holidays:
Closed the first Wednesday evening of the month for staff training
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have various films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog online. Film/fiche orders are no longer taken at the Family History Centers.
- The Family History Center has a small book library including a surname collection & a local cemetery collection. We also have a local Monroe County film collection & some surrounding counties. We also have many films on indefinite loan for foreign countries & a large collection of microfiche, including birth, marriage, death & church records.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 online computers
- 6 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- Plus 2 printers
- 1 printer/copier.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff members who specialize in research for Italy, England, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Poland, France, Cuba, Netherlands, Eastern Europe, Ukraine, Spain & Venezuela. Language helps may also be available.
Resources in the Local Area
See links below...
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)