Riverton FamilySearch Library/Resources
The Riverton FamilySearch Library provides many resources for Family History and Genealogical Research.
Computers and Internet Access
The library has 127 desktop computers in the main library area, with an additional 24 computers in Training Room 1 and 22 in Training Room 2 to accommodate hands-on instruction. All library computers have Internet access. Personal laptops can also be connected to the Internet. Many helpful research resources are available from the desktop of the library computers and include free use of many subscription websites, use of popular data management programs, and direct Internet links to other resources.
Free Subscription Websites
The library provides free use of several family history research websites that normally require a subscription fee for access. Visit the library to see a listing of the available sites.
Printers, Scanners, and Copiers
* The library is equipped with printers and copiers that are available to patrons for a minimal charge. Both black and white and color printing and copying are offered. Many printing and copying options are available to assist in document preservation and recording.
* The library's printers can serve as flat bed scanners in black and white or color up to 11 inch x 17 inch originals.
* Three high speed, high quality Kodak PS80 Photo scanners are available for scanning photographs.
* We also have two slide scanners for scanning individual 35 mm slides to digital images.
* New to the library: We have a Braun Slide Scanner which will scan slides from a rectangular tray. The software used will remove dust spots and scratches on your slides, providing excellent quality copies.
* New to the library: Also new is a VHS to DVD dubbing device that will accept your analog tape recordings (from VHS tapes only) and create digital copies on a DVD. We have an adapter that will allow you to use your camera's VHS-C tapes (Not any of the 8MM tapes) to record directly to DVD.
Both of our new resources can be reserved by calling the library Help Desk at (801) 240-9603. There is no charge for use of the new devices. Blank DVDs are also at no charge.
* We have also added photo light studio which is a table top box for capturing photos of objects, photos, and documents with a smart phone, DSLR or digital camera.
Family Story Room
The Riverton FamilySearch Library has a Family Story Room available for video and audio recording for family stories and personal histories. The space is designed with state-of-the-art audio and video technology. The comfortable furnishings and sound-proofed interior provide a quiet, secluded area, ideal for recording family stories and personal histories.
Books and Other Printed Material
The library has a limited collection of hard copy material. Only basic research volumes are available.
Microfilm Readers and Microfilm Library
The library is equipped with five digital film readers that have the capability to print film and microfiche images or save them to storage media. The library has a collection of approximately 23,000 often requested films from the United States and Europe (including Scandinavia and the United Kingdom).
Select “Classes and Class Schedules” from the library menu above for details.
The library has over 170 missionary and volunteer workers available to assist patrons. They can provide personal help with the many aspects of genealogical research and record keeping.
Maintained by: Elder Tom Stubben
Last modified: 04/04/18