Riverton FamilySearch Library/Missionary Opportunities
Missionary Opportunities[edit | edit source]
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
The first step is to schedule an interview with the Area Temple and Family History Consultants at the Riverton FamilySearch Library by calling either Elder Douglas Dalton at 801-240-9625 or Sister Arlene Dalton at calling 801-240-9615. The interview is required for all those who desire to serve as a Church-service missionary at the library. Experience with family history, computer skill level, availability, personal limitations, library needs, start date, hours per week, and length of service will be discussed during the interview. Do not submit any forms until after the interview.
Service Options[edit | edit source]
- Volunteer opportunities are no longer available. Only Church-service missionaries are being considered.
- Church-service Missionary
Missionaries at the Riverton FamilySearch Library are required to serve at least two days per week, seven hours each day, plus one Saturday a month. There are no restrictions to the maximum number of service days per week, but total hours can be no more than thirty-five.
- Length of Service
- Missionaries serve for a recommended minimum of twelve months and can choose longer periods of time in six-month increments.
Library Hours[edit | edit source]
- Sunday - 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday - 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Shifts Available[edit | edit source]
- Monday and Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Orientation and Training[edit | edit source]
A week of library staff orientation and training is available to new missionaries. Other options are arranged for those who can not attend the week-long training session. Mentors can be assigned to new library staff until they become comfortable serving patrons at the library.
Staff Meetings[edit | edit source]
Staff meetings are held monthly on the second Friday from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. All staff members are required to attend this meeting to receive updated training and to discuss current library issues and policies.
Completing Forms[edit | edit source]
- Church-Service Missionaries need to complete the "Recommendation for Church-Service Missionary" form on www.churchofjesuschrist.org
Maintained by: Elder Tom Stubben
Last modified: 02/20/20