Riverton FamilySearch Library/Missionary Opportunities
The first step is to schedule an interview with the area temple and family history consultant at the Riverton FamilySearch Library, Sister Pat Jensen, by calling 801-240-9625. The interview is required for all those who desire to serve as a Church-service missionary at the library. Experience with family history, computer skill level, availability, personal limitations, library needs, start date, hours per week, and length of service will be discussed during the interview. Do not submit any forms until after the interview.
- Volunteer opportunities are no longer available. Only Church-service missionaries are being considered.
- Church-service Missionary
Missionaries at the Riverton FamilySearch Library are required to serve at least two days per week, seven hours each day, plus one Saturday a month. There are no restrictions to the maximum number of service days per week, but total hours can be no more than thirty-five.
- Length of Service
Missionaries serve for a recommended minimum of twelve months and can choose longer periods of time in six-month increments.
- Monday and Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday and Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Orientation and Training
A week of library staff orientation and training is available to new missionaries. Other options are arranged for those who can not attend the week-long training session. Mentors can be assigned to new library staff until they become comfortable serving patrons at the library.
Staff meetings are held monthly on the second Friday from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. All staff members are required to attend this meeting to receive updated training and to discuss current library issues and policies.
- Church-Service Missionaries
Complete the "Recommendation for Church-Service Missionary" form on www.lds.org.
Maintained by: Sister Pat Jensen
Last modified: 11/09/16