Richmond Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 5600 Monument Ave Henrico VA 23226
- Located in rear of building near the parking lot. Ring bell if locked.
- Tuesday: 9:30am-2:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:30am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:30am-2:00pm
Holiday Schedule Closings
March 31-April 9 Easter Break
May 26 Memorial Day
July 1-9 Summer Break
Sept 1 Labor Day
Oct 6 General Conference
Nov 17-26 Thanksgiving
Dec 17-Jan 1 Christmas
- Closed due to Henrico County weather related closings
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: -- Many volumes on Virginia counties and numerous other books by state and country, immigration, military, surname histories, maps and dictionaries. Microfilm/fiche collection includes VA birth, death, marriage, census, plus miscellaneous records by county; other films/fiche for various states and countries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 computers, 1 printer/copier, 1 reader-printer, 1 image digitizer/scanner, 12 film and fiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)