Rhode Island Maps
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Rhode Island Wiki Topics|
|Rhode Island Background|
|Local Research Resources|
- Maps of Rhode Island from MapofUS.org. Includes boundary changes map.
- Newberry Library Atlas of Historical County Boundaries
- Official gazetteer of Rhode Island ($)
The Rhode Island Historical Society's map collection is very extensive. The Family History Library also has a few maps of Rhode Island, including some of the colonial era and early plantations.
- Wright, Marion I. and Robert J. Sullivan, The Rhode Island Atlas (Providence: Rhode Island Publication Society, 1982) At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL book 974.5 E62
- Other printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties.
- The Family History Library has several maps of Rhode Island. To access these maps through the FamilySearch Catalog, use the Place-names Search for:
- RHODE ISLAND - MAPS
- RHODE ISLAND, [COUNTY] - MAPS