Reunion Island, France Civil Registration
|Réunion Wiki Topics|
|Reunion Island, France Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Research use: A primary source of information.
Record type: Births, marriages, and deaths.
Time period: 1790-1888
Contents: Birth – name, birth date and place, parents’ names, father’s occupation and residence. Marriages – name of bride and groom, their places of residence and date of marriage, parents’ names and residence. Death – name, death date and place, residence at time of death.
Location: Registration offices on the various islands.
Percentage in Family History Library: Near complete pre-1870 collection.
Population coverage: Estimated at 55%.
Reliability: Recognized as an official record.
British Nationals Birth, Marriage, and Death Records
- British Nationals Born Overseas 1818-2005, index and images.
- British Nationals Born Overseas 1818-200, Reunion Island5, index and images, ($)
- British Nationals Married Overseas 1818-2005, index and images,
- British Armed Forces and Overseas Banns and Marriages, Reunion Island, index and images, ($)
- British Nationals Died Overseas 1818-2005, index and images.
- British Armed Forces and Overseas Deaths and Burials, index and images, ($)
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Western Indian Ocean,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1990, 2000.