Reed Plantation, Aroostook County, Maine Genealogy
Reed Plantation, also known as Wytopitlock, is a Maine plantation in the forests on the southern border of Aroostook County. Organized from Township Number 1, Third Range West of the Easterly Line of the State (T1 R3 WELS) in 1843; reorganized in 1860, 1876, and 1896. Reed annexed a part of Drew Plantation (in Penobscot County) in 1883; and set off land to Drew in 1903.
Additional data on Reed Plantation, Maine can be found in WikiPedia: the Free Encyclopedia.
Adjacent towns: Aroostook Co.: Bancroft | Glenwood | Haynesville | Macwahoc | North Yarmouth Academy Grant Township (Township 1 R4 S 1/2) | Township 2 R4 | Upper Molunkus Township (Township 1 R4 N 1/2) | Penobscot Co.: Drew Plantation | Kingman Township | Washington Co.: Township 8 R4
References[edit | edit source]
- Reed Plantation, Aroostook County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 19 October 2013).