Redding California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 1.1 Calendar and Events
- 1.2 Center Resources
- 1.3 Center Services
- 1.4 Resources in the Local Area Shasta Genealogical Society: https://shastagen.org/
- 1.5 Links
- 1.6 Additional Helps
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3410 Churn Creek Road Redding Ca 96002 United States
- Located across from Enterprise High School.
- Entrance located at the south side of the building.
- Tuesday: 10:00AM-2:00PM and 6:00PM-8:00PM
- Wednesday: 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Thursday: 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Saturdays by Appointment
Closed all major holidays and for the month of July every year.
Calendar and Events
Heritage Faire every year, last Saturday in February.
Class Schedule See on website: http://www.reddingfamilyhistorycenter.org/
Staff Training Meetings TBA
- Books available.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 10 Computers for Patron use, microfilm readers, printers and staff always on hand to answer genealogical questions.
Staff Research Specialties
Staff on different shifts can help with different areas of research such as German, Norwegian, and Italian, just to name a few. Ask your staff member what is their specialty!
Resources in the Local Area Shasta Genealogical Society: https://shastagen.org/
Shasta County Public Records: http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/recorder_index.aspx
Shasta County California Genealogy: http://www.kindredtrails.com/CA_Shasta.html
Sons of Norway, Redding Lodge: http://www.shastafjell.com/
Shasta County Cemeteries: http://myclouds.tripod.com/shasta/cemindex.html
Redding Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redding,_California
City of Redding: http://www.ci.redding.ca.us/
Redding Convention Center: http://www.reddingconventioncenter.com/
Places to visit: http://www.visitredding.com
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Adding details to a FHC page article.