Records of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Church of Jesus Christ|
of Latter-day Saints
Online Records[edit | edit source]
Major Records Types[edit | edit source]
Below are major record types regarding researching Latter-day Saint ancestors. More topics are found on the right sidebar on this page and each of these pages.
- Church Census records gives information about censuses taken by the Church to locate and count Church members.
- Latter-day Saint Emigration and Immigration describes the records of Saints who emigrated from Britain, Europe, and Scandinavia, and the journey of the pioneers to Utah.
- Church Membership records explain how to find the local branch, ward, stake, or mission documents that show the births, blessings of children, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, move-ins and move-outs, and deaths of Latter-day Saints.
- Missionary records gives information about indexes and records of members who served full-time missions for the Church.
- Patriarchal Blessings records discusses how to find copies of blessings given by Church patriarchs, and explains their genealogical value.
- Priesthood records explains what quorum records are, how to find them, and how to trace priesthood lineages.
- Temple records describes how to locate official documents created by temple recorders showing living and proxy priesthood ordinations, endowments, sealings to parents, and sealings to spouse.
- Ward Membership Records