Reading Pennsylvania Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3344 Reading Crest Dr Reading, Pennsylvania 19605 United States
- The entrance to the center is located on the street-side of the building. After you go down the steps from the parking lot, there is a path to your left that will take you to the front of the building.
- 1st Saturday of every month (except April and October):10:00am-4:00pm
- 2nd Saturday of April and October:10:00am-4:00pm
- to make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at(1-610-929-0235.)
- Closed: All National Holidays.
- If inclement weather, FHC will close.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes free access to Ancestry, Find My Past, Fold3, and others.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers with internet access
- Microfilm readers and copier
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)