Raymond Alberta Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Raymond Alberta Family History Centre serves the Town of Raymond and the surrounding area. It is available free of charge to everyone, and our experienced staff are there to help patrons research their ancestors.
Centre Contacts and Hours
- 46 W 200 N Raymond, Alberta T0K 2S0 Canada
- The entrance to the centre is on 50 W round the corner from 200 N. There is limited parking at the back of the centre.
Phone: (403) 752 4142
E-mail: AB_Raymond@ldsmail.net (Faye Geddes Stake Temple and Family History Lead Consultant.)
- Monday: 9 am to 1 pm
- Tuesday: 10 am to 12 Noon Indexing Training and Support
- Tuesday: 1 pm to 5 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am to 1 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm
- Thursday: 1 pm to 9 pm
- Friday: 9 am to 1 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
General Research Training is held the first Tuesday each month at the Family History Centre Starting at 7:00 pm
Classes for 2019 (usually on the first Tuesday of the month)
Family History Center Staff:
The Second Tuesday of the month is used for Temple and Family History Consultant Council Meeting. This Class starts at 7:00 pm.
We currently hold over 3,000 microfilms, a further 3,000 microfiches and an extensive library of books covering many areas of the world.
- All microfilm are on extended loan.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 17 computers with Internet access, 2 microfilm readers, I microfiche reader, as well as a microfilm and a flatbed scanner, a photocopier, and two printers. Recently we added a book scanner to our equipment list.
Staff Research Specialties
In addition to the United States and Canada, we have staff members with specialist knowledge of research in England and Wales, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latin America, The Netherlands, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Sweden and The Ukraine, including the ability to read records in the relevant languages.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Town of Raymond Alberta: Link
Where is Raymond: Link
Volunteer at the Centre
We are currently looking for someone with experience in Japanese research.