Rawson, Chubut, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Rawson ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- In the beginning the area of the Lower Valley of the Chubut River was considered a single department, but in 1885 the national government divided it into the "Department of the Capital" and the "Department of the South". In 1887, they were called the departments of Rawson and Gaiman.
- In 1894 the department was subdivided into two districts (Rawson and Trelew) and declared it the first capital of the territory and head of the department.
- The department of Rawson has a population of approximately 131,000 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1884-1962 - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for the department of Rawson.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de Rawson
Dirección: Carlos Gardel 1-98
- Cementerio Municipal de Trelew
Dirección: Edwin Roberts 1000-1098
- Cementerio Jardin del cielo, de Rawson
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Rawson (Chubut)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Rawson_(Chubut). Visited October 30, 2017.