Ramsey, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Huntingdon|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Rural Deanery||St Ives|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Ramsey, is a town a parish and a sub-district, in the district of Huntingdon, Huntingdonshire, 10 miles N N E of Huntingdon. There are places of worship for, Baptist, Particular Baptist, Primitive Methodist, Society of Friends, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ramsey, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|RAMSEY PARISH (1559) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Ramsey on GENUKI
- John Marius Wilson Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 20 August 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- Huntingdonshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 18 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 25 April 2014.