Raleigh North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 The Raleigh Family History Center serves Raleigh and Eastern Wake County.
The Raleigh Family History Center serves Raleigh and Eastern Wake County.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5060 Six Forks Rd Raleigh NC 27609 United States
- This is not a mailing address, only the physical address of the Center.
- Main entrance is on the south side of the building (small parking lot) in the back.
- Door is located at top of stairs.
Wednesday & Friday 10am-1pm
Tuesday & Wednesday 7:00pm-8:30pm
Closed for the following in 2018:
- All Federal Holidays
- Thanksgiving, November 19 -24
- Christmas/New Years, December 17-31, January 1, 2019
Closed when the Wake County School System is closed. If in doubt, please call before coming.
Calendar and Events
Classes are held quarterly on various Family History related topics. Please register online to attend at raleighfhc.eventbrite.com.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Several genealogy software programs are available to try on the patron computers.
Hardware and Equipment
- 10 patron computers
- 1 microform reader/copier (makes digital copies in addition to printouts)
1 multimedia card reader
- 1 photocopier
- 2 black and white laser printers
We offer one-on-one sessions with an expert on various topics. Appointments can be made online here .
Resources in the Local Area
- Apex Family History Center
590 Bryan Drive
Apex, NC 27502
- Durham Family History Center
1050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC
- Olivia Raney Public Library
9016 Carya Drive
- North Carolina State Archives & Library
109 East Jones Street
Archive Search Room: 919-807-7310
State Library/Genealogy: 919-807-7460
- Raleigh FHC Patron Notification List - Receive email notifications of changes and events at the Raleigh Family History Center. This is a low volume list.
Volunteer at the Center
- Need additional help on most shifts
- Teach patron classes
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering or have questions.
Adding details to a FHC page article.