Stow cum Quy, Cambridgeshire Genealogy
Guide to Stow cum Quy, Cambridgeshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Stow cum Quy, Cambridgeshire|
|Poor Law Union||Chesterton|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1599|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Cambridgeshire Record Office|
Stow-Cum-Quy, is a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; 2¾ miles SE of Waterbeach railway station, and 5 miles ENE of Cambridge. It has a post-office by the name of Quy, under Cambridge. There is a Wesleyan chapel here.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stow cum Quy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Stow cum Quy Online Parish Records|
|FS Catalog PRs||
|FS Catalog BTs||
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851 Map. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cambridgeshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Stow cum Quy on GENUKI
- 1. John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, publ. London and Edinburgh: 1870 See at: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6164