Queens New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The NY Queens Family History Center serves all five boroughs of NYC but patrons come from as far as New Jersey and upstate NY. We have staff that are bilingual in English and Spanish, and available three days each week.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Class Schedule
- 5 Staff Training Meetings
- 6 Center Resources
- 7 Center Services
- 8 Resources in the Local Area
- 9 Links
- 10 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 40-24 62nd Street Woodside New York 11377 United States
- We are located in the building with large white pillars in the front.
- Free parking is available in the large lot next to the second building.
- Monday: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Tuesday: 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Thursday: CLOSED
- Friday: CLOSED
- Saturday: CLOSED Sunday: CLOSED
Closed ALL National Holidays
Calendar and Events
Monday, January 19 Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
Monday, February 16 Washington’s Birthday
Saturday, April 4 LDS General Conference
Monday, May 25 Memorial Day
Saturday, July 4 Independence Day
Monday, September 7 Labor Day
Saturday, October 3 LDS General Conference
Monday, October 12 Columbus Day
Thursday, November 26 Thanksgiving Day
Staff Training Meetings
- We have a large selection of films from Germany, France, Italy and Puerto Rico, as well as many other countries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm viewers, a camera to make copies from the films, computers, flat bed scanner, and a printer.
Staff Research Specialties
- All staff members speak fluent English, and many are fluent in Spanish. Help is available from research materials in German, French, Spanish and other languages.
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.