Pucklechurch, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Pucklechurch, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Chipping Sodbury|
|Registration District||Chipping Sodbury|
|Parish registers: 1590|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1596|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
PUCKLE-CHURCH (St. Thomas à Becket), a parish, in the union of Chipping-Sodbury, hundred of Puckle-Church, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 7 miles (E. N. E.) from Bristol. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Pucklechurch, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) (£)|
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|PUCKLECHURCH PARISH Online Records|
|AC||1813-1858, 1865||1813-1858, 1865||1813-1865||1813-1865||1813-1858, 1865||1813-1858, 1865|
|IARC||1594-1691 (gaps)||1594-1690 (gaps)||1594-1690 (gaps)|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 618-621. Date accessed: 08 January 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 23 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1938', Ancestry, accessed 20 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 28 June 2016.
- 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 1 December 2012.
- 'Extracts from Parish Registers, No. VI.: Pucklechurch,' in Beaver H. Blacker, ed., Gloucestershire Notes and Queries, Vol. 3 (1887):67-68. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.