Prineville Oregon Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Center contains a large collection of books and has over 2500 microfilms on hand as well as a large collection of microfiche. The Center has 6 computers that access the internet and all the Church programs. We have several knowledgeable consultant's on duty during Center hours to assist you in finding your ancestors.
- 1 Center contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center contacts and Hours
- 333 SE Idlewood, Prineville OR 97754 United States
- Access door is located on the south west corner of the Church building.
- Sunday 8:00am-9:00am
- Wednesday 10:00am-8:00pm
- To make an appointment, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at (1-541-233-4196.)
Closed the week of Thanksgiving. Closed December except by appointment (call 541-233-4196). Reopens with regular hours the first Wednesday in January.
Calendar and Events
Sunday classes are held in the Center immediately following Sacrament (about 10:15am).
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Numerous books are available including Funeral Home directories, State Government office address books, The Red Book, histories, Etc. There are over 2500 microfilms in the Center and a very large collection of micro fische.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 computers are available to access the internet and free wifi for your laptops. 3 film readers and 2 fiche readers are available. We have the capability to copy images..
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)