Prince Edward Island Civil Registration
|Prince Edward Island Wiki Topics|
|Prince Edward Island Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Civil Registration (Vital Records or Vital Statistics)[edit | edit source]
The government kept official records of births, marriages, and deaths.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Îl St. Jean (now Prince Edward Islands), Civil Registration and Parish Registers, 1721-1758, index and images.
- Prince Edward Island, Canada, Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1780-1983, index and images, ($).
Births and Baptisms[edit | edit source]
Marriages[edit | edit source]
- Prince Edward Island Marriage Registers, 1832-1888 Index and images.
- Prince Edward Island, Canada, Marriage Registers, 1832-1888, index, ($).
- Records of marriage licenses, 1879-1970, Prince Edward Island. Supreme Court. Deputy Prothonotary's Office (King's County)
Deaths and Burials[edit | edit source]
- Prince Edward Island Death Card Index, 1721-1905 Index and images.
- Prince Edward Island, Canada, Death Card Index, 1810-1913, index, ($).
Divorces[edit | edit source]
- Acts of Divorce, 1841-1968, index
Master Name Index[edit | edit source]
- Master Name Index, Search Engine Incomplete.
- Master Name Index of the Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation Part one
- Master Name Index of the Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation Part two
- These are names extracted from census returns, marriage bonds, land and church records, passenger lists, newspapers, and so forth. Original at Charlottetown, P.E.I.: P.E.I. Genealogical Society and P.E.I. Museum and Heritage Foundation, 1985
Public Archives and Records Office (PARO) Online Database[edit | edit source]
- PARO Database search Engine This includes these records online:
- Baptisms (including the former PEI Baptismal Index, 1777-1923)
- Marriage licences, 1827-1919 (includes digitized originals, 1827-1888)
- Marriage registrations, 1920-1936
- Deaths, pre-1906
- Death registrations, 1906-1968
Office of Vital Statistics[edit | edit source]
For more recent records, contact the Office of Vital Statistics: (Restrictions apply.)
126 Douses Road
Montague, PE C0A 1R0
1st Floor South, Shaw Building (North Entrance)
105 Rochford Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Phone: (902) 368-4550