Price Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Price Utah FHC serves 5 stakes in our area, namely: Price Utah Stake, Price Utah North Stake, Helper Stake, Wellington Stake, and YSA Stake.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Location Map
- 85 E 400 N Price UT 84501 United States
Phone: 1 435-637-2071
Stake TFH Consultant - center: Janet Noyes 435-630-3849
- Tuesday 9am - 9pm
- Wednesday 9am - 9pm
- Thursday 9am - 9pm
- For an appointment, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at 1 435-637-2071
2018 fall & winter closures:
Thanksgiving break: Closed Wed. Nov 21, 2018 & Thurs. Nov 22, 2018
Christmas/New Years break: Close Tues. Dec 25, 2018, reopen Tues. Jan 8, 2019
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
September 2018: Training Sessions will resume for the fall. Please check at the FHC for listings of training sessions each month. Each training session will be repeated on the particular day and time each week through the month. (for example: Session on "Uploading Photos to Family Search" will be taught each Tuesday at 1 PM during that particular month) You may also request a subject for which you would like to attend.
Training Session: "My Top Ten Favorite Free On-line Family History Tutorials" Tuesdays between 9am and 12:30pm in September presented by Sue Pyper.
NOVEMBER 2017 : Announcing the opening of the "Youth Family History Activities Center"
Price Utah Family History Center announces the opening of our "Youth Family History Activities Center". Now available are games, videos, craft ideas, and many activities to help your youth to become interested and excited to work on their own family history.
We ask that an adult (parent, grandparent or other adult) accompany your youth (suggested ages 6 to 12) to the center to work with your child. We encourage parents to introduce their child to FamilySearch.org on our computers and to create their own personal account on FamilySearch that they may build and explore their own tree or learn to do indexing to help others. Youth may even opt to copy various activities or craft instructions to take home and perhaps use as a family home evening activity.
You are encouraged to call the Family History Center in advance of your visit so we may be sure to accommodate everyone who wishes to visit and utilize these youth resources. Call 435-637-2071, the address is 85 East 400 North, Price, Utah. Special appointments may be arranged if necessary.
We look forward to your visit.
Staff Training Meetings
- Our center has many reference books, histories, genealogies, and local obituary collections which we are working to catalog. Many inspirational videos for adults and youth as well as many instructional videos for those who are learning to do genealogy. Also available is an extensive collection of microfilms and micro fiche records.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have several desktop computers available, a scanner/printer, 2 microfilm readers, and a micro fiche reader, and a smart TV.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)