Preston Idaho South Family History Center
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 55 E 1st South Preston Idaho 83263 United States
Holiday Schedule: We will be closed July 3rd, 4th & 5th. We will be closed July 24th. We will be open from 12-5 on July 26th-27th from 12-4 on July 28th
We would be very happy to open on days that we are not regularly open by appointment. For appointments on Mondays please call Jerry
Waddoups at (208)851-1259. For appointments on Tuesdays please call Lee or Deanna Foster at (208)244-8157. For appointments after 3:00 on Saturday please call
Clint Dunn at (208)747-3692
If you would like to schedule for a group to come into the Family History Center on a Tuesday night please call Judy Mitchell at (208)852-2735 or (208)851-0156.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
==== Upcoming Events:The Family History Centern. To register for these classes please call Judy Mitchell at 208-851 0156. We will be starting a new Monday morning basic Family History class useing the PC starting September at 10:30 am this class is a 6 week class. To register please call Judy Mitchell at 208-851-0156 Starting in September will have a class using the Phone and Tables, for Family History and Memories. This is a 6 Week class at 1:30pm on Monday. Please call Judy Mitchell at 208-851-0156 to register.
Please check your wards bulletin to Thursday night classes. TOPIC WILL BE LISTED SOON. CHECH BACK HERE FOR LISTINGS. ====
Staff Training meetings are on the 1st Tuesday of each month. In place of training meetings in August, we will be having a summer party. In December we will be having our Christmas Party on the 1st Tuesday.[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- At the Family History Center we have a piece of equipment that you can use to convert slides to digital. It is very fast and is a wonderful way to make it so you can see the pictures that you took as slides.
- We have 14 computers, Microfilm, microfiche readers and 1 copy/printers and a very nice scanner . We also have a collection of local history books. We have the records of the local Mortuaries. Our Mortuary records begin with 1925 and are updated to 2014.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Our Regular Staff:[edit | edit source]
,Alane Beck (208) 852-0449, Alexis Beckstead (208) 852-2428, John Brough (208)220-9000, Craig Casperson (208)705-6432, Clare & Linda Christensen (208)852-2638, Saundra Clark (208)747-3312, Bruce Dunn (208)852-1404, Clint Dunn (208)747-3692, Margie Evans (208)583-7970 , Lee & Deanna Foster (208)244-8157, Heather Gardner (208)851-8296, Vickie Harris (208)646-2491, Robert Hendrickson (208)852-2140 or (208)705-7175, Trevor Staples Iseman (540)487-1388, Verlene Knapp (208)904-0901, Cecil LaFevre (208)2490, Karen Lowe (208)646-2397, Barbara Martin (951)227-5507, Kristen Morrison (208)646-2414, Nancie Moyes 801-72609742, John Olinger (208)417-9711, Susan Oliverson (208)852-1056, Steve Owen 208-852-3498, Juanita Peacock (208)530-2362, Becky Porter (208 )852-1500, Garth & Gail Porter (208)852-0599, & Faye Reeves 1-801-576-9788, Julie Sharp 208)852-04167, Ruth Ann Steele (208)317-5016 Janet Stricko (208)501-5009, Jerry & Carolyn Waddoups (208)851-125 Ilene Wedel ( 9, Janet Wright (208)852-3055.
Substitute Staff:[edit | edit source]
Deloy & Glenna Barnes (801) 573-3875,Brian Chipman (208)540-0325, Teresa Chipman (208) 540-0468, Clint Dunn (208) 747-3692, Clifford & LaDawn Jensen (208)852-2537, Ron Malouf (208)497-2054, David & Judy Mitchell (208)852-2735,Kris Morrison (208) 646-2414, Dorothy B. Thomas (208)852-2763, Jerry Waddoups (208)851-1259
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)