Poland, Toruń Notarial Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains images of wills, land records, marriage documents, and other notarized documents from Toruń for the years 1750-1915. The original records are housed at the State Historical Archive of Toruń, Poland.
Browse This Collection
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
Reading these Records
These records are in Polish and German. For help with these languages, see the following pages:
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Wills normally include:
Marriage Contracts normally include:
Divisions of Estates normally include:
Land Transfers normally include:
How Do I Search the Collection?
Before searching, it is best to know the following:
- Name of the person
- Type of record
As you search, look for a record which matches this information.
View the Images
You will be able to search this collection once it is published.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking for, What Now?
- Copy down all the information from the record.
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection.
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision.
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name.
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results.
- Search the records of nearby locations.
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Poland.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Collection Title." Index or Index and Images or Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing archive name, archive location in local language [archive name, archive location in English].
- Image Citation
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.