Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books, 1612-1900 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Poland|
|Location of Poland, Poland|
|Record Type||Church Records|
|Title in the Language:||Polonia, Tarnow Catholico Romanum Diocese Ecclesiae Books|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains an index to baptismal, marriage, and burial records from the Diocese of Tarnow for the years 1612-1900.
For a list of localities, event types, years covered, and the number of records in this collection, refer to Poland Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records) Coverage Table.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Baptismal Records generally include:
Marriage Records generally include:
Death Records generally include:
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching, it is best to know the following:
- Name of the person
- Year of the record
As you search, look for a record which matches this information.
Search the Index
- Go to the Collection Page
- Fill in the search boxes with the information you have
- Click Search to bring up a list of possible matches
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church books, 1612-1900. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, What Now?
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
- Search the records of nearby locations
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books, 1612-1900." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing Tarnow Diocesan Archives, Tarnow.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.