Pocatello Idaho FamilySearch Library/Resources
From FamilySearch Wiki
|700 East Lewis|
|Mon: 9 am-5 pm|
Tue, Wed, Thur: 9 am-9 pm
Fri: 9 am-5 pm
Sat: 9 am-1 pm
- Computer Lab of 24 computers with printing capabilities and a data/video projector
- Computer Lab of 12 computers with printing capabilities and a data/video projector
- Patron computer area with 14 computers with printing capabilities
- Patron computer area with 8 computers with printing capabilities
- Computer with drives to transfer data from 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" floppy disks onto your flash drive
- 2 microfilm readers (no printing capability)
- Microfilm and microfiche scanner with printing capabilities or save to flash drive
- Scanner for slide
- Scanner for photos
- Printer/Scanner/copy machines
- Digitizing station for converting books to digital images
Oral History Program
- The Pocatello FamilySearch Library has allocated equipment and staff to help patrons videotape themselves or relatives and capture for posterity, family information and experiences. A staff member will assist at the video session and prepare a CD/DVD or flash drive for the patron following the session(s). There may be a nominal fee for actual supplies used. To set up an appointment please call 208-232-9262 and talk to (or leave a message for) Bill Rasmussen. Sessions, usually an hour and a half, may be arranged during normal library hours or by special appointment.
- FamilySearch Catalog: Click on "Search" | "Catalog" |enter book title, subject or author, | "Search" |. You can select the specific library (i.e. Pocatello Family Search Library) by using the appropriate down arrow (near the bottom of the page.) Once that library's collection appears, you may select the books which are "available on line."
- For all FHL digitized books: "Search" | "Books" |enter book title, subject or author, | "Search" |. Digitized books can be read online or downloaded or select pages copied as PDF.
- This library may have various films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.There is a fee for this service.
- These same services are all available online at FamilySearch.org
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This library has access to the FamilySearch Library Portal page which gives free access in the library to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.