Plummer Indian Field Office (Idaho)
The Plummer Field Office is an operating office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Its supervising office is the Portland Area Office.
Indian Tribe Associated With This Field Office
By 1992, the Northern Idaho Agency served the Kootenai Tribe, the Nez Perce Tribe and the Coeur d'Alene Tribe. In that year, a field office was established in Plummer, Idaho to serve only the Coeur d'Alene Tribe.
The majority of records of individuals were those created by the agencies. Some records may be available to tribal members through the tribal headquarters.They were (and are) the local office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and were charged with maintaining records of the activities of those under their responsibility. Among these records are:
- Allotment records
- Annuity rolls
- Census records
- Health records
- School census and records
- Vital records
- Interior Board of Indian Appeals, Nez Perce Tribe v. Northwest Regional Director, Bureau of Indian Affairs, 36 IBIA 237 (07/30/2001), p. 2, Factual Background. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online