Plainview New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 160 Washington Ave Plainview NY 11803-4020 United States
- Tuesday: 10:00am-2:00pm CLOSED TODAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Thursday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
Note: The Plainview Family History Center is staffed by volunteers and will be closed during inclement weather. Please call to verify that it is open and check back here for updates.
If it snows, the Center will be closed for your safety and the safety of the volunteers.
Closed: Sunday, Monday and the third Saturday of each month
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.