Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 3rd Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Plum Family History Center is located at 710 New Texas Rd. in Plum, PA, near Monroeville, PA.
We offer access to the Family History Center Portal which allows free access to Premium Websites such as Family Search and Ancestry Institution and many others. Many of the sites generally charge for Subscriptions.
We are open to the Public for doing Genealogy work and have very knowledgeable Consultants and Volunteers to help those who need help with their Ancestry work. We have Film and microfiche scanners. Films can be purchased online.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center - Call the center 724-325-1818 Thursdays 12pm-4pm and 6pm to 8:30pm.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 710 New Texas Rd Plum Borough, PA 15239 United States
- Thursday: 12pm - 4pm and 6pm to 8:30pm for Public and Church Members
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule - None at this time.[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings - None scheduled at this time.[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Currently we have over 200 hard copy books of reference, i.e. cemetery records, county vital records for Pennsylvania Ohio and WV, by local and national authors.
- We also have a Large Library of Genealogy Books by Local publishing Company Closson Press.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have 7 active and up to date PC computers with a common Lexmark printer, three microfilm viewers, including a Minolta Scanner/Viewer/Printer.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Our staff includes 5 volunteers, 5 consultants and a Director. Two of our volunteer staff are retired professional genealogist's and one is a published author.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center - Call the center 724-325-1818 Thursdays 12pm-4pm and 6pm to 8:30pm.[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)