|Philippines Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Philippines ancestry, family history and genealogy parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
The Philippines is an island country in Southeast Asia situated in the western Pacific Ocean. It was formerly a colony of Spain. The official languages are Filipino and English.
Getting Started with Philippines Research
Links to articles on getting started with Philippines research.
Philippines Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Philippines research.
Philippines Clickable Map
The following map provides the locations of the many provinces in the Philippines, many of which have their own language:
More Philippines Research Tools
Research tools can include resources that assist in locating correct records to search and determining the correct locality to search in. Below are links and Wiki articles to research tools for Philippines.
- National Archives Government Website
- Catalog of Filipino Names
- Filipino Ancestors
- Obits Philippines freepages
- Families of the Philippines
- Resources for genealogy in the Philippines
- PHILIPPINES-L Archives
- Philippine Army and Guerrilla Records
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Wikipedia contributors, "Philippines," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines, accessed 28 March 2016.