Pendleton Oregon Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Services
- 4 Resources in the Local Area
- 5 Links
- 6 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 609 NW 12th St Pendleton Oregon 97801 United States
- Please use the Gilliam Street entrance and parking.
- Tuesday 4 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am- 6 pm
- Thursday: 5:00 pm -9:00 pm
Closed week of Thanksgiving and between Christmas and New Year:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Ideas to Get Started on Family History
[edit | edit source]
1. Start researching your family tree (We have good staff members who can help you get started or answer questions)
2. Record some of your parents’ memories of their younger years (Lots of questions to ask on FamilySearch/wiki/.org
3. Post your photographs on the internet for others to enjoy (Family History Center copy machine makes this super easy. Come to the center and give it a try!)
4. Begin writing down some of your own life stories (This is fun to remember when).
5. Record the voices of your young children or grandchildren and keep them to listen to when they are older (This is really fun!!!)
6. Visit a cemetery and take pictures of family tombstones
7. Call a relative you haven’t heard from in a long time and reestablish those family connections. This is easy to do!! You will be surprised at your connection.
8. Cook a family favorite dish and invite family or friends over to enjoy it with you (Why not cook a family dish each week during this month and explain to your kids where it came from. You say you don’t have any family dishes that were passed down? Well, create some, write down the recipe and tell your kids that you are starting a tradition that you want them to pass down to their kids.
Classes[edit | edit source]
Classes offered on various topics every Thursday evening at 7 p.m.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.