Pencelli, Breconshire, Wales Genealogy
PENCELLY (PEN-CELLI), a hamlet, in the parish of Llanvigan, hundred of Pencelly, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 3¾ miles (S. E.) from Brecknock. It is situated on the western bank of the Usk, where it is joined by the Mehascyn brook. A chapel, dedicated to St. Leonard, stood within the precincts of the castle, but that also has been demolished.
Pencelli is located in Llanfeugan parish. It lies within Brecon Beacons National Park. For more information see Llanfeugan, Breconshire at genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 299-308. Adapted. Date accessed: 29 January 2014.