From FamilySearch Wiki
This may refer to:
Parish is a church territorial unit constituting a division of a diocese.
- Ancient parish - districts in England formed by the 13th century each with its own priest and often with boundaries the same as the local manor; given increasing civil administrative functions, their civil importance declined with the abolition of Church Rates in 1868.
- Ecclesiastical parish - a geographic subdivision of a diocese; the term is used in England to distinguish it from the corresponding civil parish.
- Parish (Catholic Church)
- Parish (Church of England)
Derived from church usage, Parish may also refer to a secular local government administrative entity:
- Parish Administration in England and Wales - how English and Welsh parishes were managed from the 16th century and the sort of records which resulted
- Civil parish - in England, the smallest local government division, during the 19th century, took over the civil administrative activities of the ancient parishes and other areas. In Wales, the term used is community.
- Civil parish (disambiguation), several forms in the British Isles
- Parish (administrative division)
- Town of Parish, New York
- Parish (village), New York, a village located in the Town of Parish, New York, USA
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title, Parish.