Papua New Guinea Census
|Papua New Guinea Wiki Topics|
|Papua New Guinea Background|
|Local Research Resources|
- First census of Palau taken in 1962-63
- Copy available at the Supreme Court
- Includes Marital Status, name, Father/Clan, Mother/Clan, Relationship to Head of Household, Birth Date, Race, Birth Place, Residence, Home Municipality and Occupation.
- Census has been taken every ten years since 1975
Research use: Verifies family linkages from other records, shows relationships, places of birth, extended families.
Record type: Enumeration of population.
Time Period: 1959-present.
Content: Names of residents, relationship to head of house; sex, sometimes place of birth, race, civil status, military status, literacy status.
Location: National Archives. Population coverage: 75%.
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Papua New Guinea,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 2000.