Pando Department, Bolivia Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bolivia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Pando Department family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
- Pando is one of the nine departments that compises Bolivia. Its capital is Cobija.
- The department was created on September 24, 1938 during the government of President Germán Busch Becerra.
- In recognition and homage to former President José Manuel Pando (1848-1917), who was one of the first Bolivian explorers who ventured into the area called "national territory of the colonies," the department is called Pando.
- The department of Pando is composed of 5 provinces, which are: the province of Nicolás Suárez, the province of Manuripi, the province of Madre de Dios, the province of Federico Román and the province of Abuná, which in turn are divided into municipalities .
- The department of Pando has a population of approximately 110,000 people. 
Provinces[edit | edit source]
Online Records[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento de Pando," in Wikipedia: The free encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_de_Pando. Visited June 18, 2018.