Panama Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Panama Marriages, 1800-1950
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Panama|
|Location of Panama|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This index is an electronic index for the years 1800 to 1950.
This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
How Do I Search This Collection?
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?
- Look at an image of the original record. The original may contain information that was not recorded in the index or transcription.
- Use the information you have found to find the person in a census records.
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This can help you find possible relatives.
- Search the records of nearby areas. (Add this phrase when you are sure that people crossed boundaries to record events. Do not send someone to another country. Don’t waste their time).
- Check for other names. An individual might appear under an unexpected name for a variety of reasons:
- A woman may have returned to her maiden name after the death of her husband.
Consult the Panama Record Finder Table to find other records
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Panamá, matrimonios, 1800-1950." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.