Otisfield, Oxford County, Maine Genealogy
Otisfield, also known as Otis Field, was organized as a plantation in 1787; incorporated as a town in 1798. Phillips Gore, also known as Shepherds Gore, was annexed in 1803; nearly all of Harrison was set off in 1805; part of Phillips Gore was set off to the Town of Oxford and part of Thompson Pond Plantation was annexed in 1830; land for a large part of Naples was set off in 1834; part of the Town of Poland was annexed in 1858; and the Otisfield Gore was annexed in 1933. 
County boundary change: Otisfield left Cumberland County, and joined Oxford County in 1978.
Libraries and Historical Societies