Oshawa Ontario Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa area for all their Family History needs. We offer internet access to Family Search, Ancestry.ca (Institutional version) and other premium websites - all free at the Center. We have the Ontario Vital records/index on site and many other resources on microfilm and fiche.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 632 Thornton Rd N, Oshawa, Ontario L1J6T6
- Entrance is located at the back of building.
- Location on Maps
Regular Hours of Operation
- Tuesdays 10am - 2pm
- Wednesdays 10am-2pm and 7-9pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays 9am-12noon
Closed for March Break
Monday March 6 2017 to Saturday March 18 2017
- For a Group Session:
- Please call to make an appointment. We will be happy to help you!
One World,One Family Conference
- Saturday August 19, 2017
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)